Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's about time for a new post!




Sorry it has taken FOREVER for me to post on here. We've been busy getting ready for baby and I get tired out more quickly these days. I'm almost done sorting through all the clothes and washing them, and this weekend we are getting a dresser for Cayleigh and I need to move all her clothes downstairs and put the baby's things in her room. We're going to keep the baby in our room until Cayleigh is ready to go downstairs and share a room with her brother. We're also getting new mattresses for both kids this weekend and we'll put Cayleigh's on the floor in Caden's room so she can get used to it. Caden is excited to have her down with him. :) It'll be nice to be all organized and feel ready- I'm just about 34 weeks so I want to have everything ready by 36 weeks just incase baby comes early.

Jeff and I are taking Bradley classes and are hoping for a natural delivery this time. We'll see what happens...

I posted a picture from my birthday (and one of Jeff goofing off that makes me laugh). It was such a nice day and Jeff made it really special. :) He wrote a poem that I'll post for those of you who don't have facebook. I like to share it because he writes the most beautiful poems and it was a very special gift. I love him. :) Here it is:

New views, new scenes
New friends, new life
You don't know how you'll do
New roads, new streets
New job, new home
It's harder than you knew

And even with your doubts
Yet still you tough it out
And look how proud I am of you

What a friend you were, my love
What a gift God gave
What a partner you'd become
I'd never been so proud

---

A sleepless night
A tortured rest
It echoes through the walls
A little voice
A tearful cry
You stumble down the hall

You hold her to your chest
You calm her till she rests
And then you try to sleep once more

What a friend you were, my love
What a gift God gave
What a mother you'd become
I'd never been so proud

---

Another chore
Another bill
It never seems to end
Another need
Another trip
And so you go again

You're always on the run
You somehow get it done
And I don't see the half of it

What a friend you were, my love
What a gift God gave
What a helper you'd become
I'd never been so proud

---

Through it all, you've been right there
My rock, my strength, my love
A wife of quality so rare
The hand of God above

What a friend you are, my love
What a gift God's given
What a wife you've always been
I've never been so proud


:)

Everyone is doing well. Caden and Cayleigh are getting cuter by the minute. Caden continues to preach and has church services all day long. Jeff gave him a ukelele that he had when he was in grade 4 and that doesn't help matters. I hear, "Then sings my soul!!!" all day long. Caden says he's a pastor. Yesterday he carried in a bag of groceries for me and threw it when we got inside. I said, "Caden, you don't throw groceries!". He said, "I'm sorry, Mommy." I then told him I forgave him and he said, "I forgive you too, Mommy. We're sinners." I couldn't help but laugh. My little man. ;)

Cayleigh is talking more and more and she's starting to assert herself. She thinks she's in charge. A few days ago she walked up to Jeff and smacked him (it only felt like a gentle touch to giant Daddy). She gave him a "how dare you not give me what I want look" and Jeff couldn't help but chuckle at his 20-something pound opponent. She does have a temper but she's generally a happy little girl who's content to do her own thing yet still loves lots of cuddles. I hope this baby is easy like Cayleigh was as a baby.

Well, this post is all over the place but it feels like I'm all over the place these days trying to keep up with day-to-day chores, give attention to the kids, keep them entertained, and get ready for baby. Hopefully by the end of next week things will feel normal for a short while before we're super busy again. But we're thankful and wouldn't have things any other way.

Hope everyone is well. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are doing well. Jeff's poem brought tears to my eyes. I'm a softy!!!