Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oh, if only I had Caden's energy...


The last few days have been a little discouraging. I thought I was in the good part of my pregnancy since the morning sickness has passed, but on Sunday night at work I almost fainted twice and have not felt well since. I slept 7 hours during the day yesterday and another 8 at night, and I feel like I could go to back to bed again. A busy 19 month old doesn't allow that, so I guess I should have kept that wish to myself. :)

Poor Caden has been cooped up inside for 2 days so I decided I would try and take him outside today while Jeff was at school. That wasn't a great idea because I had a dizzy spell outside in our parking lot and thought I was going to faint. Caden HATES coming inside, so I had to carry a kicking/screaming baby in a snowsuit inside and pray that I wouldn't pass out on the way upstairs. I put him out on the deck to keep him quiet and momentarily satisfied and made a doctor's apointment. Come to find out, my blood pressure is too low and that is why I am having all this trouble. The doctor doesn't think I should be working nights (which is all I work, although only 8 shifts a month) because she says I'm not getting enough rest for me or the baby. And she doesn't think I should be up and about that much at night. I am not prepared to go off work yet and told her as such, and she gave me a note to be off for a month. I am going to take 3 days off (this Friday-Sunday) and then I have my 2 week stretch off and we'll go from there. We'll be sure and do what's best for the baby, but I don't want to make decisions too fast. I'm not sure at this point how well I can take care of Caden while Jeff is at school or work, but it'll get done. The poor little guy was in front of the TV a lot this morning and that is not a habit I want to get into.

So that is the news here. Pray that I will feel better soon. I'm sure I'll come around. I hate it when you're sick and you can't do the things you want. And it's no fun lying around...

Hope all is well with everyone. :) I have another video that I'll probably post later tonight.

I think this might say it was written by Jeff, but it wasn't. He isn't pregnant. ;)

No comments: