Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Butterfield Acres














On Monday Jeff, Caden and I went to Butterfied Acres. It is a farm in Calgary that is a great place for children to visit. There were horses, pigs, goats, ducks, geese, rabbits, chickens, baby chicks, sheep, lambs, emus, lamas... It was neat because you were allowed to go in and touch baby chicks, sheep, lambs, goats and pigs... Caden was excited about the goats especially but once they started jumping on him and chewing him he got scared and stayed close to Mommy. The goats especially loved Jeff's pants and were constantly chewing at him! It was funny- we were in with a bunch of piglets and they started chewing at Caden and I. Caden was crying and I was almost crying (I know- I'm retarded!) and finally Jeff let us out! They were trying to chew off my leg, and I don't care if Jeff denies it. They were! I have a picture of my wounds *lol*. Hey- I am thankful I didn't sustain worse injuries. I could have left with no leg if Jeff hadn't rescued me. Luckily all I got was a scratch on my leg and a chewed ankle! *grin* :) I am never going near pigs again. Their bites and nudges hurt! ;)

When we left (it was pretty cold) Caden was not happy. I got a picture of our little unhappy camper in the car ride back. We were all tired after that trip. Sweet little Caden fell asleep in no time.

Of course the pictures are backwards from the way I loaded them. The pictures of Caden sleeping and the one of him crying in the car are supposed to be at the end... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you let my nephew get humped by a goat!!! I thought Holly was the only one to be humped by animals such as Brownie!

Erin said...

Jeff made me get the picture! And all the goat was doing was chewing his collar!