Friday, November 28, 2008

Oh what a night...






Oh where do I begin? ;) Every two weeks Jeff and I try and do something special together. Well, last night was our "date night". I forgot I had a committment that night so we were unable to go out, but when I got home Jeff was going to prepare chocolate fondu. Earlier that evening I had made a special supper for Jeff so that was nice too.

At about 9:30 Caden went to bed- he was out shopping with Jeff and needed to wind down a bit before bed. Every time he goes to bed late he has a rough night. We should have known better. I'll tell you more in a minute.

So Caden's in bed, Cayleigh's asleep in her chair, and Jeff and I get to spend a bit of time together. But as soon as we're finished eating, Cayleigh wakes up. So there's Jeff, myself, and our little girl on our "date". I think of that Sesame Street song, "One of These Things Just Doesn't Belong Here"...It becomes 10:00, then 11:00... I am exhausted so I go to bed for a bit. Jeff stays up with Cayleigh. It's 12:00, then 1:00... Jeff has to work the next day so it's my turn to take Cayleigh. She starts to scream and cry because her little tummy is upset- most likely from our "special" dinner and dessert. :( It's 2:00... Jeff goes out to the couch to try and get some much needed rest. Then it's 3:00. Cayleigh still doesn't feel well. I have her in bed and am patting her tummy and moving her legs around to help her feel better. Then I hear crying from Caden's room. He has lost his blankie and is wailing at his door for help. The snoring from the couch stops *smiles* and Jeff gets up to help Caden. I hear Jeff go back to the couch. The snoring starts again. Ugh... It's 3:45- Cayleigh finally goes to sleep only to wake up at 7:00 with the same problems all over again. She falls asleep again at 7:45 and then I hear the not-so-sweet-to-me-after-that-kind-of-night-voice of my son at 8:00. What a night.

As I look at the pictures of Cayleigh in our bed I think of that Sesame Street song again- "One of These Things Just Doesn't Belong Here"... :) And as I sit here and type my son is singing over and over and I must admit that it's not music to my ears...

So this message is for Jeff- "I love you, sweetie, but on the next date night let's just skip dinner and just go straight for the movie, OK? ;)"

No comments: