Friday, November 6, 2009

?H1N1? :S




Our poor family has had a very rough week. :( On Sunday morning Caden suddenly came down with an awful flu (he was perfectly fine the night before when we went trick-or-treating). He had a high fever, cough, runny nose, muscle aches and headaches. He's had it pretty rough lately because just the week before he was throwing up. He had a fever for 3 days, it went down for 2 and now it's going back up again. The picture of him in his elephant suit with Jeff and Cayleigh was taken last night. Caden was feeling better and wanted to play in his costume, but you can see Cayleigh wasn't feeling well at all.

Now this morning Caden woke up with a bad cough and his nose is running again. His temp is also going back up. It is 10:30 in the morning and he wanted to go to bed, which is not like him at all. He looks pale and tired. He isn't eating well either and Jeff and I are both amazed that his buckets of Halloween candy are sitting untouched. When I called for health related advice to see if I should bring him to the Dr. they said not to unless his temp is 41 and he is basically listless. So we didn't bring him in, although those symptoms seem quite extreme. We've been housebound since Sunday and I'm hoping to go out and get groceries today because we need them. I hope the kids will be up for it.

Cayleigh started getting pretty sick on Wednesday night. A cough came from nowhere and she sounded like she had croup. I was up all night with her on Wednesday, and thankfully she napped a lot of yesterday away. Her appetite isn't the greatest either which is definitely not like Cayleigh. She is the best eater in our house usually. She's napping now and I snapped a picture of her snuggling Ella, her Abbey. ;) All Wednesday night she wanted to cuddle on my chest and snuggle her blankie and elephant. Cayleigh is better in the day and seems to get the worst of her cough after supper for some reason. She has only had a low-grade fever.

Jeff was starting to feel better but last night he was up a lot with stomach pains and nausea. And he has a bad cough, had a low-grade fever and is super tired and sore. :( He's had to come home from work a little early the past couple of days but he's determined to stick it out today if he can. He didn't even want to take a lunch to work today because even the thought of food bothered him.

I am so thankful that today I am finally starting to feel like a human again. I've been sick since Sunday night and yesterday was the worst, but I do think I am getting better. I just hope it's not like Jeff and Caden where you start to feel better and then it hits you again.

So we are alive but 3 out of 4 are still fighting this awful bug. We pray it passes ASAP and that none of you catch it. :(

1 comment:

Brad and Kristin said...

Oh, Erin, I'm sorry to hear you guys are all so sick! We have been praying for you all the time! I really hope you ALL feel better soon! We miss you and love you all!