Monday, February 26, 2007

Grumpy Bear


Caden has been IMPOSSIBLE today. I think he might be teething- hopefully he will get a little tooth soon. He started applesauce today and he loves it. He still takes 5-6 seven ounce bottles a day, though. I wonder if I might have to give him bigger portions of his baby food. We'll see. Every Thursday I go to a Mom's group and there is a nurse there who is an expert on babies. It is nice because I can get my questions answered. Raising a baby is not exactly easy.

I went to another Mom's group today that hopefully Caden will like. They have a gazillion toys there and they even gave out a free stuffed animal, books and all sorts of neat things. Caden's new stuffed thing is named Quigley. :) Caden was very grumpy there, though. He hates small children. I know! But he does. Whenever a baby makes eye contact with him he cries. He does that awful silent cry and then he explodes. There were 3 one-year olds there and when Caden was in an exersaucer they swarmed him and tried to push him over. So I don't blame him! :)

I took Caden to Shoppers tonight by myself and he was good until bottle time. His bottle was due at 7:00 (the dreaded 3 hour mark) and at 7:03 Caden was not a happy camper. I think he was worried he would lose an ounce! Luckily Daddy had a bottle ready when I got home.

Anyway, we need to try and get him to bed. Last night was not good at all. Caden was up from 2:00-4:00. We tried to let him cry but after 1.5 hours of screams we gave up and put him in our bed. I am done letting him cry like that. It might work for some people but I don't like it. And Caden is not going to end up in our bed tonight. We really need to break him of the habit. So I'll put up a picture of Grumpy Bear. :) Bye for now!

No comments: