Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's a Miracle!

I can't believe it- Caden PUT HIMSELF to sleep!!! Last night was horrible. I know I said I wouldn't let him sleep in our bed but Jeff and I were SO tired. Caden went to bed at 9:30 (he needed a bottle to do that) and woke up at 11:00 screaming. I took him to our bed until he fell asleep (it took about 15 minutes) and then I put him back in his crib. Well, 20 minutes later he woke up screaming again so I put him in our bed and he slept there until 7:00 this morning. I promise Caden in done sleeping with us! I've had it!!!! :)

So I have been looking on the internet about ways to help your baby sleep and I found a good site that said you have to establish a routine and you need to stick to it. It said you need to put your baby to bed at the same time every night and you need to let him fall asleep on his own (without nursing, rocking, or giving him a bottle). And you can't wait until your baby is overtired. I think that is what we do with Caden. We wait until 9:30-10:00 and that is just too late. It said 7:00-8:30 is a good bed time. And it also said to put your baby down for naps at the same time every day. Caden doesn't nap- I think it's because he is overtired... Other sites say that babies his age don't need a bottle during the night any more unless they are having a growth spurt- they are old enough to wait until morning. We have been doing this and Caden eats great in the the day now. All we need is for him to learn to fall asleep on his own.

Well, just a few minutes ago I noticed that Caden was yawning a lot so I put him in his crib, turned on his soft music and shut the door. He only cried for about 5 minutes and he is asleep! IT IS A MIRACLE!!!! We'll see how this goes! :)

No comments: