Thursday, February 22, 2007

He Can Roll Over!


Hey everyone! This post is to keep you all updated on little Caden Joshua Jones. He was born on September 8, 2006 for those of you who do not know him (weighing 8 lbs 15 ounces and was 21 inches long), and he is a precious little angel. He is now about 5 and 1/2 months and he can roll from front to back and back to front, and he eats his cereal like a pro! He is on cereal 3 times a day and today Daddy is going to bring home some fruit for baby to try.



So for the last 4 nights Caden has slept pretty well. The first 2 nights he slept from about 9:30-7:30 straight and that was wonderful! Last night and the night before he woke up once for a soother and then went back to bed until 5:30. But at that time the only thing we could do to get him to sleep was to put him in our bed. I don’t know what it is but the second we put him in our bed he puts his little hands over his head and goes to sleep. Frustrating… Tomorrow I think I might have to let him cry but we’ll see. I tried to let him cry this morning but when I went in his room he was backwards in his crib on his belly and he was screaming. You can’t help but laugh!


Caden is eating so much better now. We had a lot of trouble for about 2 months. When we went home to New Brunswick for Christmas Caden stopped breastfeeding and we were forced to switch to formula. We went back and forth until he was 4 months because I really didn’t want to stop nursing him. But he just refused, and then he started refusing the formula too. For 2 days he hardly ate a thing and then he went one day without eating at all. It was horrible. Finally we found out that he was lactose intolerant and started him on Enfamil Lactose Free. He LOVES it. He doesn’t spit up anymore (before he was spitting up constantly) and he doesn’t have gas pains anymore either. Before he would scream because he was intolerant to the breastmilk and formula, but we didn’t know that. I guess babies can develop an intolerance over time- that would explain why he was able to breastfeed at first. Now he wants a bottle about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, but that is fine with me- as long as I don’t make him too huge…. Today he weighed 16 lbs 14 and 1/2 ounces. For a long time he wasn’t gaining at all so I am happy that he is doing better.


My sister, Meredith, wanted me to do this because her friend, Erin, has a blog about her little baby boy. We’ll see how this works. Caden is napping (he has been sleeping for over 1 1/2 hours which is a first) so I’d better hurry up and finish before he wakes up.

No comments: