Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I Am a Dump Truck"



Caden loves to be read to now. His 3 favourite books are his Bible, "I Am a Dump Truck" and "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes". Last night Caden woke up crying at 4 am which is unusual for him. Jeff got up to see him and all Caden wanted was his Bible! He was so upset because he couldn't find it. When we went in to see him this morning we found him fast asleep with his elephant, Abbey, and his Bible tucked nicely beside him (I put up some pictures- last night was his first night with "big boy blankies" *smiles*). Caden even wanted me to keep the light on last night so he could "read" his books. I didn't, and I had quite a time getting him to stay in bed. We are getting him a night-light today... ;)

As you can see, Caden still has his soother (or "sookie" as he calls it). He only has it at night, but Jeff and I are going to try and wean him off it within the next few weeks. It's going to be a challenge, I'm sure. That is what Caden looks forward to at night and he is almost always more than willing to go to bed because he knows he can have his sookie. He'll be awake in his bed for 2 hours with no complaints if he can have his sookie... Poor little guy. He's growing up and soon his sookie will be no more.

Only a few more days until Caden's party! We have to go and get a few more things tonight and do some more planning. We hope he has a fun day. :)

No comments: