Friday, September 19, 2008

Now we feel bad...

So I think I found out why Caden is acting this way (refusing to nap or go to bed, wanting the door open, etc.). I put him down for his nap after lunch and shut his door and he cried and screamed. I just sat at the table which isn't far from his room and listened to him for a little while. He would say "Mommy right back. Mommy right back. Caden go hospital too". This broke my heart. Caden is worried that Jeff and I are going to leave him. I've been telling him that I have to go to the hospital for a few days, and when I look back I realize that his poor sleeping habits began when I first told him I would be leaving. Caden is a smart little guy- really smart for his age and he's especially good at remembering things. So I feel bad for punishing him at times and yelling at him when all I had to do was tell him "Mommy's here" and cuddle him a bit. That was all I had to do to get him to sleep, and I put a baby gate in front of his door and left the door open so he wouldn't feel shut in. All his toys are still out in the main area so he won't throw them and get too distracted to sleep. Let's see if this works. This is one of those days that I feel like a bad Mom, but I know there will be many more. It's not always easy. OK, now I need a nap! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Believe me we all have days when we feel like bad moms it won't be the last. It's good to know they ae so forgiving eh! The can be extremely manupulative though especially if they now hat it will get to you! The joys of motherhood

April