Friday, September 19, 2008

I spoke too soon...


It's funny in some ways but in other ways it isn't... The day after I put up the post of how impressed I was with Caden's good behaviour, he changed. He has become a naughty little boy, and I'm not joking. Sometimes it feels like his temper tantrums are endless. I know this can be expected, but it doesn't make it any easier. He isn't bad all the time, but the last week and a half it feels like he's bad most of the time. He has decided that he doesn't need to nap and when we put him in his room he screams and screams and completely trashes his room. Last night, for example, Caden would not go to sleep. The only way we could get him to stay in his room and rest his vocal cords and our ears from his screams was to leave his door open. He didn't get to sleep until well after 10:00. His Grampie came over for a quick visit and, because Caden's door we open, he could hear Grampie and of course had to see him. Then it took him forever to go sleep. Once he got to sleep we thought all was well, but it wasn't. Caden got up at 2:30 and wanted to play. I put him back to bed, and he came out again at 3:30. So I shut his door and he screamed from 3:30 to 5:30. He could have screamed longer but I fell asleep at 5:30, only to wake up at 6:30 to Caden saying he wanted to play. I know he's been awake since 3:30. His room was completely trashed, his bed was covered with toys and books, all the stuffed animals were taken out of his closet... Jeff and I were not happy.

So at 6:40 this morning I packed up my keyboard to make space for Caden's toys in the hallway. I took almost all his toys out of his room and I also took all his books and put them in our room. I am done with leaving the door open and I am done bargaining with my 2 year-old. I just hope we can get him back on a schedule, especially since this baby is due any day now.

I just took this picture of Caden. Do you believe that this sweet little boy can be so bad? ;)

Some good news is that Jeff and I were able to buy a new van. So now I have wheels and it really does help. I am able to go to my Mom's-of-Preschoolers group in Cochrane and see my friends there, and I'll be able to go visit people in the day now which is great. My best friend, Cheryl, will be living only about 30 minutes from me at the end of the month, so I'll be able to see her too. She came over for a visit last night which was great, especially since I was worn out from Caden. ;) And now Jeff won't have so many errands because I can do them. I know he'll like that. And Caden LOVES the van. He says "My van!". Taking him for a ride is one sure way for him to be tantrum-free. :)

No comments: