Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!



















We had such a great day yesterday. Caden LOVED all his new toys (he got so many things that I took some away for later) and Cayleigh giggled away at Grammie and Grampie's house and did her favourite thing- sleep. She also played poker with Uncle Matt and Uncle Stephen (don't ask!). Doesn't she have a great poker face? *smiles* :) Caden spent a lot of time running away from Sadie who likes to jump all over him. Luckily Grammie came to the rescue. :) I'd have to say that Caden's favourite gift was a bowling set. He got up at 7:00 this morning and bowled for over 2 1/2 hours. It was cute!

We woke up around 7:00 on Christmas morning and, while we were waiting for our little princess to wake up, we had a breakfast of waffles and sausages. Caden saw his new shopping cart when he came out of his room and that kept him entertained while we were getting breakfast. He was awake at about 6:15 on Christmas morning due to excitement but stayed in his room, so he was a little cranky at times because he was overtired. Caden had 3 time-outs on Christmas morning- we weren't very happy. But he got better as the day went on.

After Cayleigh woke up we opened our presents and it was fun. Jeff was happy with his books and other presents and so was I. Tomorrow Cayleigh and I get to go on a shopping spree and I can't wait! :) Jeff and Caden might go to the Science Museum or go swimming. It'll be fun.

So we let Caden play for a bit and then, after lunch, we went over to Grammie and Grampie Jones' house and opened more presents there. It was nice to spend the day with family. :) I am still overjoyed with the gift they got me- tickets back to NB in January. It is the most special gift ever. Now my parents and my sister and grandmother can see Caden and Cayleigh and I can see them again and all our friends from home. And I'll be able to go out after my sister has her baby as well. I'm SO excited! So make sure we have a day to hang out, Nicole! ;)

We had a great turkey dinner and I'm attempting to copy Debbie's great job today. I have never cooked a turkey on my own until today so we'll see how it turns out. My best friend, Cheryl, is coming over for supper as well as a person I met at our church in NB. So we'll probably play games and hang out this evening. I'm excited. I just hope I don't ruin the turkey... ;)

No comments: