Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Busy just isn't a strong enough word...






Mommy is tuckered out to say the least. Today Caden has been a little on the grumpy side (I think he is getting more teeth) and he is so so so so so so so busy. He won't play with his toys much anymore and Jeff and I can't seem to find things he likes. The toilet, toilet paper, drawers, chairs, TV, etc. are just more interesting. This morning he destroyed a seashell I got in the Bahamas by picking the outer shell off! And that was in a matter of seconds. I got so fed up that I took him outside but he was just grumpy (as you can tell from the pictures) so I tried to get him to take a nap but no luck. And he always naps well. We need to get more teething tabs from the Health Food store- I would recommend them to every Mom for their babies. They work great. We are just all out of them.


So in about 30 minutes I think I am going to walk to where Jeff works. I think it'll be a 45 minute to an hour walk... Hopefully that's all! I can't stand chasing Caden all day! And there is a pool there so I am going to take him swimming. Do you have any suggestions, Kristin? He is at such a tough age. And how on earth am I going to get him to sit still on the plane in a few weeks. Pray please!!!! :) We need every prayer we can get!

2 comments:

Brad and Kristin said...

Oh, Erin, I just read your post. I feel for you! Some days stink, eh?! If you're even a little more tired than normal, these days stink even worse. You've been doing all the things I normally try with December (taking her outside, taking her to Daddy, etc). Does Caden like Baby Einstein yet? If I put that on for a few minutes for December, it keeps her quiet enough for me to get my sanity back. (BUT -- to warn you -- as soon as it's turned off, be ready: Grumpy Baby makes its awful appearance again). When all else fails, I put December down in her crib, and she cries herself into a nap. Some days are just not fun, as you know -- the baby becomes a warewolf. I'm praying for you! You can do it.

Love, Kristin

Brad and Kristin said...

It's me again. I read your post again, and I thought of another thing! :) You're right when you say he's at a tough age! I thought the same thing when December was getting to be mobile -- and getting to be GOOD at being mobile.

For me, it seemed that December was super difficult when she was first born, but then after a few months passed, she became easier to take care of. Until she started being able to move. Then she became a difficult baby all over again! I think it's just different stages. They need to be watched soo closely when they first start exploring, and it's exhausting! One thing Brad and I weren't prepared for was how much December would fall and get hurt. Until now, your precious child has pretty much never been hurt, but when they start to move around, they get hurt alot more often! If Caden is anything like December, he'll fall down a ton, cry from pain alot more often, but he'll be okay. He is learning about his environment and what happens (and what Mommy or Daddy says) when he does this, touches that, crawls under this, pulls at that, etc. Once your house is baby-proofed, it'll be easier. You're doing a great job with Caden!

Love, Kristin