Thursday, July 19, 2007

No Place I'd Rather Be




I was just sitting down with Caden while he was having a snack and I realized something. I realized there is no place in this whole world I would rather be than with my family. I really do love my new job. I've been working for about a month now and it is the first nursing job I've ever had that isn't terribly difficult or stressful. And I get to work nights while Caden is sleeping and I don't really have to work a lot at all. The best part, though, is the 17 days off... :) I pray that I don't have to work any more than I do because I love being a stay-at-home Mom. It isn't always easy, but I really do love spending time with Caden and watching him grow. Yesterday I took him outside and he stood on his own (without holding on to anything) for atleast 30s. I know he'll be taking his first steps any day now. It is so great being a Mom. Being the one your baby wants the most and feels the most secure with. It really is wonderful- hard at times but wonderful. It is expensive to live here in Calgary, but I know we'll be OK. I just want to have a loving family, and I thank God for the family he has blessed me with. :)

Jeff and I are going on a "date" tonight and I am very excited. Yesterday he brought me home flowers so I knew something was up *smiles* :) I know how you felt, Kristin! *lol* We haven't been out together (just the 2 of us) in a long time. We are going out for dinner and a movie and that is exciting in itself because I haven't been to the theatre since I was pregnant. I know! Caden's Grammie and Grampie Jones and his Great Grammie are going to babysit tonight and they are going to put Caden to bed so Jeff and I can stay out for as long as we want. I am hoping we can go for a walk before we come home- that'll be nice. And I need to get Caden a new outfit because we are getting our family photos done tomorrow. Caden is usually great with the camera so I hope they turn out. :)

3 comments:

Brad and Kristin said...

Yay for dates! :) How did it go? How did Caden do? How about your family picture -- did it go well? Where did you go? (lots of questions...) :)

Have a good day!

Love, Kristin

Erin said...

Hey Kristin! Our date went really well. :) We did some shopping and Jeff actually picked me out a really nice shirt. I wore it for our photos today which went super well! We'll have some for you guys. We got some separate ones of Caden and some family photos and we got lots of smiles. It was fun! We just went to Sears this time. And yesterday we had dinner and a movie and Jim and Debbie were great with Caden. We got back and he was sound asleep... :)

Anonymous said...

Caden is just so darn cute! He smiles so much! He's absolutely adorable!
Meredith