Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!










Jeff, Caden and I had a really great day yesterday. We didn't think we were going to be able to have a turkey dinner at all- I worked nights that Saturday and had to work nights Sunday too, so I had to sleep away a lot of Sunday. And Jeff was working Monday evening so there was no way we could have a dinner Monday. I was a little sad because I love having Thanksgiving dinner with family, and last Thanksgiving Jeff was in the hospital because of his back (this year he had a bad headache all day but nothing compared to last year) and I was a stressed new Mom of a 7 week old. I really wanted to have a great day to make up for last year.

Well, Sunday morning when I got up after 3 hours of sleep from a long night at work, my sweet husband had a surprise for me that he had previously tucked away. He had bought squash, sweet potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce, gravy, sparkling cider, pumpkin pie, cake, and- get this- a turkey in a box- all in the hopes that we could work something out and have a nice family dinner. He wasn't sure if we would be able to have it Sunday, but he was hoping like I was. I was so happy! So I gave up some sleep and at around 7pm on Sunday we had a Thanksgiving dinner. And the turkey in a box was actually pretty good. Not as good as a traditionally cooked turkey but I'll do that next year if I can. I probably wouldn't cook the boxed turkey for guests *lol* but it was great for us. Convenient. We do have a busy baby after all. :) I made sure to put up a picture of Jeff with his boxed turkey! It was a great day- all thanks to my loving and thoughtful husband. :) And Caden loved his dinner. He only had milk last year! He had 2 helpings of his main meal and then he wanted 2 helpings of cake which is his new favourite food.

So I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! And a special Happy Thanksgiving to my little sister, Holly, and Nathan, who got engaged yesterday! :)

No comments: