Friday, January 4, 2008

Busy Busy...






Happy New Year everyone! Jeff, Caden and I are still here. :) I just have been too busy to write a new post. Brad, Kristin and December are here (Jeff's brother, sister-in-law and 22 month old niece) visiting from California, so we have been hanging out with them and with the rest of Jeff's family. Every 2 years his extended family comes to visit from Edmonton and Saskatchewan and this was one of those years. It was so nice to see everyone. And it's been nice to have Jeff home more often too. He starts school Monday, though. :(

Our Christmas was very nice. Jeff, Caden and I spent Christmas Eve night together and we all opened one present. Caden chose to open a guitar from his Aunt Holly and soon-to-be Uncle Nathan. He has wanted their present since he figured out it made noise, so we let him have it and he loved it! On Christmas day we had a nice breakfast together and we read the Christmas story from the Bible. Then we opened presents. Caden loved his kitchen set! I'll put up some pictures in the next post. And he got so many toys and clothes... He isn't bored at all now. :) Jeff got a guitar and he is a very fast learner. I love to hear him sing and I can't wait for him to learn how to play the guitar. :) I think his favourite gift was his Flames jersey, though!

Later that morning we went over to Jeff's parents' place and we spent the day there. It was a lot of fun. And we've been back and forth since. Most of the family left New Years Day but we'll get to see them again at Matt and Tarena's wedding hopefully. :)

It is so cute watching Caden and December play together. December is naturally rougher than Caden as she is older, but he loves to follow her around and talk to her. And when December tries to steal Caden's beloved Baby Einstein videos, Caden pushes her around too, and he bursts into tears! I need to teach him not to do that! December loves to call Caden "Baby". I find that really amusing because they will be in the same grade! He calls her "Baby" too. And since December has been here Caden has learned to say "Hi" and to say "No" while shaking his head no. I don't know if that is good or bad! *lol* I am really going to miss them when they go back. I love having them around, and it is nice that they have a little one too.

I am waiting until Caden is asleep for sure before I sneak into his room to get the camera so I can download some pictures. Jeff and I will be watching December tomorrow and I am very excited. We just love her- she is the cutest little girl and we think Caden is the cutest little boy. :) And I should be able to get some good pictures. :)

1 comment:

Brad and Kristin said...

Thank you so much for being willing to watch December tomorrow! AND thanks for putting it so gently about December being more rough than Caden is...she should definitely NOT be pushing him around!! If she does it tomorrow, please make sure she gets in trouble for it :) I love seeing them play together -- it IS so cute that they call each other "baby" hehee. I'm really glad they're so close in age!