Friday, January 11, 2008

Reflection

Every so often I have time to reflect on things. Tonight my sweet husband is neither at school nor working- he is out with his brother. :) I hope he has so much fun. He deserves it. So while he is out I thought I'd write a little note. I have been complaining a lot lately- not just to him but to everyone. Mostly just about how I feel I am missing out on things. Or about how I am lonely when my husband is away and I am home alone with my 16 month-old all day and evening. I can complain an awful lot. When I’m tired, I give way to complaining. When my days seem long and mundane, I do the same. Being at home so much sometimes allows me to reflect on things more, and that isn’t always a good thing. Tonight it is, though. :)

I realize that I need to stop complaining. Philippians 2:14-15 reads, “Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.” Do everything without complaining or arguing. That means for moms to refrain from complaining if they stay at home with their children all day. That means for moms to refrain from complaining when they can’t be with their friends like they once were. That means for moms to refrain from complaining when they cannot often go out after 7 pm. ;) And that means for moms to refrain from complaining when they feel lonely, because they aren’t alone. Moms who know God are never alone. God is with us and He is all we need. And I know He is proud that moms are taking care of their children- a blessing straight from God.

As a Mom, I have a big responsibility. I need to teach my son about God. And I must confess that I haven’t been doing all that great in that area. The Bible tells us to do as follows: “Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates (Deuteronomy 6:5-9).” One way to teach my son is to stop complaining. I need to stop complaining to my husband, my family, my girlfriends. When I put things into perspective, I don’t really have anything to complain about. I am blessed, and I need to start living my life as I should. I also need to teach my little one how to live. I want him to be joyful. I want him to know that I am so happy and content being with him. And I want him to know that God loves Him even more than I do. :)

No comments: