Tuesday, November 13, 2007

He's Alive!







I thought I'd write a quick post to let you all know that Caden is doing well. I guess he picked up this awful bug from a playgroup I take him to, and a few kids there had to go to the hospital for IV's because of dehydration. We are thankful that we didn't have to take Caden to the hospital- we were close but thankfully he pulled through. He still isn't eating well- after two meal choices for lunch Caden did eat waffles and strawberries and bananas. But we don't like that we are having to play waiter to him. We just want him to eat. I actually had to get Caden a new highchair. He was sick all over his old one and we just couldn't get that awful smell out. So I had to throw it away...

So now Caden has become addicted to his soother. That is actually an understatement. We have taken it away today because he's doing better, and he is going through serious withdrawal. We are having many tantrums from our little guy. And he's teething. Fun fun. And, to top things off, Jeff and I have been as sick as dogs! I caught what Caden had while doing a night shift Saturday night. What a miserable shift. I would walk down one wing of the nursing home and then I would have to sit for a while. And someone had chest pain and so I had to take care of him while feeling miserable. I took the next night off, and then Jeff got sick and had to take Monday night off and couldn't go to school this morning. He is going to try to go this afternoon. We are still not 100%.

But Caden is doing better so that is a huge weight off our sick and aching shoulders... :)

No comments: