Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Trip to New Brunswick :)














Caden and I are back in Calgary, safe and sound. :) We had a really nice trip. I think this was the best trip home I've ever had. It was fun and relaxing, and Caden was very well behaved (for the most part!). He was an excellent baby- on the flight there. Notice how I stress "on the flight there"... I'll get to that in a minute! :) Caden was SO good on the flight home to NB. There was an extra seat for him so that was wonderful. He just ate and played and slept. No problems whatsoever. And he slept SO good at home too! I just put him in his bed at his usual bedtime and he would sleep with no cries and he'd nap without putting up a fuss. He had no troubles at all. He loved his Grammie and Grampie Fairgrieve, his Great Grammie Fairgrieve, his second cousin Abbey, his Uncle Greg and Aunt Meredith. And he got to see my very good friend, Melissa, who was in our wedding. I was able to put him in the church nursery and he had fun. It was great. I got to go shopping for a day in Fredericton while my Mom and Dad spent the day with Caden. I got to see my very good friends Nicole and Betty. It was SO much fun.

On the way home, however, Caden was NOT a good boy. He woke up at 5:00 that morning (Calgary time) and would not nap. He fussed most of the drive to Moncton (about 3 hours) and he was so busy at the airport. He was running to talk to every possible stranger with no worries about having Mommy out of sight, and he would climb the stairs there over and over. We had a 2 hour wait at the airport and I was exhausted before even stepping foot on the plane. Caden was great all the way to Hamilton. I had the entire row to myself so he could walk around and play. But, much to my dismay, the plane was full for the 4 hour flight to Calgary. Caden slept for about 30 minutes and when he woke up and realized he was sitting instead of sleeping in a bed, he screamed for atleast 45 minutes. And I couldn't get out of my seat because of turbulence. And guess what else?! Caden's stomach was upset and he had 3 explosions (forgive me for sharing!). It was awful. I wasn't allowed to get up, he was screaming and he was smelly. It was awful. I was SO thankful to get back here. SO THANKFUL! :) But I miss everyone already.

I put pictures up of Caden playing on my parents' porch, getting a bath from Grammie Fairgrieve, playing in Grammie's rocking chair which he climbed into on his own, eating supper at his Uncle Greg and Aunt Meredith's house, trying to put on Greg's shoes, feeding their cat Riley treats... And there's a picture of Meredith, Greg, Caden and Jo Jo (the dog) at my grandmother's house; Meredith, Abbey (my cousin), Caden and I; Caden on his Great-Grammie's stairs (he loves to climb stairs); Caden in the highchair that my grandmother painted for him; and Caden in the rocking chair again. Few- that was a mouthful!

No comments: