Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Shots...




Well, Caden survived his needles but he has been very very very clingy and cranky since we've been home. I took him for a walk (it has been around 12 degrees here!) and he fell asleep so now he is in his crib. He got 3 needles in his legs. Atleast he doesn't need any more needles until he is 12 months old.

Caden weighed 17lbs, 5 ounces. He is slowly gaining... He is in the 75th percentile for height (he is 27 inches) and he is in the 50th for weight. And his head is in the 90th percentile! Hopefully he will be smart like his Daddy.

So now I am trying to decide whether or not I will go back to work. I really don't want to go back at all but with Jeff in school I am probably going to have to work. And if I don't work so many hours a month I will lose my nursing registration and I don't want all my hard work to go down the drain. Today I got an e-mail from a nursing home here (5 minutes from our place) and they offered me part-time work or even just a .36 position or something like that. So I left a message to hear more. I don't want to have to drive all the way into the city like I did before. An 8 hour shift was actually a 10 hour shift. I really want to be here for Caden, though. But if I work nights (which is what I was offered) then I will work from 2330-0730, or something similar to that, so Caden will be sleeping. It will just be in the day for 5-6 hours that Caden will need someone and if that someone can be Jeff then I would consider going back to work... A lot to think about...

Well, I just heard back from the Administrator at the Nursing Home. They offered me a position that is a .36 (I would work Thursday-Sunday night and have Monday-Thursday off and then I would work Friday-Sunday. I don't know the schedule from there). I would be off at 7 am. The good thing is that the only day that would pose as a problem would be Friday morning while I need to sleep, and even then Jeff might be able to just take an afternoon class. We'll see. I really liked working on a Medical Unit, but it just isn't the same here as it is in NB. I would go back to 4NW in Fredericton in a heartbeat. I just don't think a Nursing Home would be just right for me either, but it is close... I just want to do what works best for all of us. And 4NW had a lot of older adults anyway! :)

Enough of that! I will try to put up some pictures I took today. :) Caden has 3 Snoopy snickers on his legs where he has his shots. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I finally found it ... yay me! When would you go back to work?

Anonymous said...

hey erin
you will never find a place like 4nw but we will all be there waiting for your return. there will always be a part time job empty i am sure.
hope you and jeff are enjoying your afternoon away. i'm sure caden will be fine.
love ya
tracey