Monday, September 17, 2007

G-R-U-M-P-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Caden is giving Jeff and I a bit of a hard time right now. He had his needles a week ago (he was 23lbs, 11 ounces and 80 cm long- 60th percentile for weight and 90th for height) and, being a live vaccine, the symptoms present themselves about a week after the shot. I don't know if it's that, teething, or the fact that I've worked the last few nights, but Caden is so grumpy and miserable that we are going crazy. He hits and kicks me now and when I say "No" or grab his arms or legs to discipline him, he just laughs and hits or kicks even harder. And a few days ago he thought it was hilarious trying to bite Mommy over and over and over. It is frustrating. Tonight I had had enough when he touched the face of the oven twice after being told not to. His hand got hot and he could have been burned. So I took a kicking and screaming Caden to his crib and left him there until supper was ready. He is now sitting beside me enjoying his meatballs, carrots, and toast- all that I had time to make between the irritating screams that our neighbours across town probably heard. If he wasn't so darn cute, I don't know what we would do. And hopefully this "phase" won't last too long. Jeff has long days at school which means long days for Mommy if Caden is grumpy! And yes, I know Mom, Dad, Meredith and Holly-this is payback for me for being an awful child! I know! I've heard it, I deserve it, and now I'm living it! :)

On a happier note- Caden loves his new train set. And so does Daddy as you can see. I actually don't know who likes it better- Jeff or Caden. :) And there is a picture of Caden is his new Pooh pj's from his Grammie, Aleta, and there are also pictures of him in his new blue outfit that Daddy also thinks looks ridiculous. But not quite as bad as the "Cadena" pictures. *lol* :)

No comments: