Friday, September 28, 2007

He's Going to be Smart! :)







I really do think Caden is going to be a very smart little boy. Jeff and I are amazed by all that he can do, and we are especially amazed that he can do what we do. Caden watches us even when we don't realize that he's watching. And we can't forget that.

I have been starting to brush our cats more, and we keep the brush in the bottom drawer in the kitchen. I also keep their toy mouse in there. Well, Caden knows where they are too, and yesterday I was sitting down watching TV and I felt this brush going through my hair! It was the cat brush! Yuck! Caden knew where it was and he knew it was a brush to brush hair. And he'll even go and get the mouse and play with the cats. Atleast someone in this house is giving them attention. ;)

And this morning I was in Caden's room and I heard this sound- it was as if someone was trying to get into our condo. I had just given Caden his toy keys, and when I went out into the main room I saw Caden trying to unlock our bedroom door with his keys! The door was just shut to keep him out, but I was amazed that he actually knew what keys were for! He must be watching us when we unlock the front door. Isn't he a smart little boy? :) And guess what else he did? When he had his morning bath he took his dirty clothes to the laundry room! I am absolutely serious! Jeff doesn't even know to do that! *smiles*

Caden will also watch TV off and on now. He likes this weird show that is on at 7am. A bunch of people dress up in the same color and sing and dance with puppets. Caden watched it for about 5 minutes straight. He NEVER does the same thing for 5 minutes! So he stared and Jeff and I just stared! Hey- we were shocked! :)

I also put up pictures of our little snacker. :) He still has that dreaded runny nose, but he is getting better. For the most part he's been in a better mood. And of course, right as I'm typing this, Caden is starting to have a tantrum because he can't get the top off his diaper rash cream. He is putting his head down on the floor and is sticking his bum up in the air, all while whining.

OK- now he is in bed for a time-out. We have been dealing with this a lot lately. Last night Caden hit me out of anger for the first time. It was a sad night for me. Not really- but I was sad for a bit. I was putting Caden to bed at 8:00 and when he saw that he was going to be put to bed, he gave me an angry look and then hit me really hard just below the neck. Jeff came right in the room, scolded Caden and put him to bed. I was stunned. I still can't believe he did that! Jeff and I never hit Caden so I don't know where kids pick this up. It must just be their nature I guess.

No comments: